Terms and conditions
You agree that you are at least 18 years old or older and that the information you have provided is correct and legitimate
The following cancellation penalties and dates apply:
(1) all ticket, merchandise and transport purchases are non-refundable
(2) accommodation / package bookings:
a. prior to 2 months before the event date: 15% cancellation fee (ie, we refund 85% of the package costs)
b. after 2 months prior to the event date: 100% cancellation fee (we do not refund any funds). However, in the event that we are able to on-sell your booking or recover costs incurred from your booking we may use our discretion and refund you an amount that we consider fair and appropriate after considering all the circumstances.
As we are motorcycle enthusiasts ourselves this means that we will do everything possible to refund money to you – because we want to see you at another event in the future.
(3) In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled outside our control all money less 15% will be refunded
By making a booking with us you warrant that you have, or will have prior to the event:
a. purchased an adequate independent travel insurance policy covering yourself and any other guests on your itinerary, OR
b. assessed the risks of not being covered by such a policy and will be assuming all risks on your own behalf.
(Pole Position Travel SE, as a European Joint Stock company registered in the Czech Republic, is fully bonded under applicable laws governing travel operators).
In certain circumstances we may appoint third party service providers (eg airport transfers, coach transport, local tour guides). You are to obey the regulations of the respective providers and we are not liable in any way for their denial of service to you for legitimate grounds. In the event that you are not satisfied with the service provided by our third party providers we will assist you in any reasonable claim or dispute against them.
Motorsports are dangerous. We accept no liability for any injury, loss, damage or other consequence arising from your travel and attendance at events.
Pole Position Travel is a trading name of Pole Position Travel SE, a European Joint Stock company registered in the Czech Republic with the following details:
Identification No: 28477529
Seat: Praha 1, Kaprova 14/13, 11000, Czech Republic.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making a booking with us you agree that the following further terms and conditions govern the services and products offered by Pole Position Travel (“PPT”, “us” or “we”) to you.
We accept bookings via any of the following methods:
(a) online at http://www.polepositiontravel.com/ (and other sites)
(b) by e-mail to 'help' AT 'polepositiontravel.com
(c) by writing to us at Pole Position Travel, Kaprova 13, Prague 1, 110 00 Czech Republic.
(d) by telephoning us on:
UK: +44 191 406 6260
CZ: +420 222 313 663
(e) by faxing us on +44 (0)870 130 9207
In using these methods you agree to be bound by the following obligations:
• you agree to use our methods at your own risk. For example, our system will not stop you from making impossible bookings such as two hotel rooms if you only require one. If you make that kind of booking we reserve the right not to give you a refund
• you accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account
• in order to make a purchase you must be over 18 years old and have the legal capacity to make the transaction. You also warrant that any minors under the age of 18 at the time of the event will be supervised by an adult at all times; nor will they consume any alcohol (at least 21 years of age is required in the USA with respect to alcohol consumption)
• you must make sure that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate
• you must not use the any of the booking methods for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings
• the transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political or racist material or any material that is otherwise unlawful is expressly prohibited and may result in you being prevented from dealing with us in the future
• the website and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed, or reproduced in any way by you without our express and written permission, except if you wish to make copies of the website for your own personal and non-commercial use
(1) Upon making a booking via our online booking system – or after you accept a proposal we send you in a non-online booking – you will receive an invoice and payment instructions on the next working day. You are then required to make the payment(s) via any of our accepted payment methods (below) in accordance with the invoice.
(2) Prior to receiving your first payment we will ‘HOLD’ your booking for you. This allows you to book travel arrangements, insurance etc.
(3) After receiving your first payment we will send you a receipt and set your booking to ‘HOLD – PENDING PAYMENT’. Your booking is still held but not yet confirmed, pending receipt of final payment. The receipt will include an statement of the expected final / balance payment.
(4) After receiving your final / balance payment we will send you a payment confirmation and set your booking to ‘CONFIRMED’.
(5) Package bookings: approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the event date we will provide you with further specific information regarding your hotel, contact information, detailed programme for the weekend and directions.
(6) Ticket-only bookings: we usually send out race tickets approximately 2-3 weeks prior to each event (see ADDITIONAL TERMS RELATING TO RACE TICKETS, below). Please contact us if you have any special requirements.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
You may pay by any of the following methods:
(1) Payment card* (Visa / Mastercard only). A 1.5% surcharge is added at time of payment.
(2) Bank transfer in EUR (€), GBP (£), or USD ($). Other currency transfers available on agreement of final amount.
(3) AMEX paid by requesting a form to fill out from us. A 3.5% surcharge is added to AMEX payments.
(4) Paypal. We charge a surcharge of 4.5% to cover transaction costs. Please ensure you calculate the additional 4.5% and include it in your transfer.
You undertake to us that the details you give to us while using the Channels are correct in particular that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the product or service. Should there not be sufficient funds your booking may be cancelled and cancellation fees may apply (see section Cancellations). If there are any changes to the details supplied to us by you it is your responsibility to inform us as soon as possible.
*Payment cards: WE GIVE YOU CONTROL: most payment card issuers now require cardholders to enter an authorising PIN or password. We will send you an online payment link using out 3D secure server for this purpose. This gives you control over what payment card you wish to use. You do not have to use the same payment card that you used to reserve your booking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL BOOKINGS
Your booking must be paid in full NO LATER THAN 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT date. The due date will be specified on the invoice that we will send you. If you have any question about your payments, please contact us.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking for which the balance payment is overdue. Should you not wish to proceed with the balance payment cancellation charges will apply (see section Cancellations).
ADDITIONAL TERMS RELATING TO RACE TICKETS
As a ticketing agent we do not have any role in setting ticket prices or determining seat locations. We will seek to convey your wishes where possible. All tickets are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the venue owners. They cannot be resold without prior express permission from the venue owners.
All bookings of tickets incur a handling fee of 18 EUR per booking. We will WAIVE this fee in the case of:
• bookings made online
• ticket bookings forming part of a package.
Delivery methods: ticket-only bookings
If you are purchasing tickets only, you may choose from one of the following delivery methods:
• courier delivery: charges apply.
• standard post from Czech Republic: nominal charges apply. Selecting this option is at your own risk. We are not liable for failed delivery as we cannot guarantee safe delivery, nor within a specified timeframe. We will advise you when we dispatch the tickets.
• collection at a local address at the destination, usually one of our centrally located hotels or help desks: free of charge.
• special delivery at the circuit: we reserve the right to charge a fee in line with the nature of the circumstances, upon agreement with you.
Delivery methods: tickets forming part of package bookings
As a courtesy to our package customers we will WAIVE the ticket handling fee.
Your tickets will be delivered to your hotel prior to check-in.
The following provisions cover our irrevocable right to cancel your booking in certain cases. These provisions are intended to ensure that our services and products maintain a high standard of quality and meet your and your fellow participants’ expectations and do not breach your safety and / or that of other people.
They are intended to produce a fair result in the unlikely case that we need to cancel your booking, giving regard to the reasonable efforts we undertake in producing high quality services and products.
CANCELLATION BY THIRD PARTY
Events may be cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons, usually unknown or unpredictable. In this event we will not responsible for any such cancellations or postponements. In the very unlikely case that the entire event is cancelled, or for any other reason which is outside the control of either you or us, you are entitled to a refund less 15% administration costs. We may, in our discretion, choose to lower the administration costs on a reasonable basis if the circumstances permit.
In the unlikely case that the event is rescheduled the venue or promoter may set independent refund terms and conditions. Under such circumstances we will provide you with the opportunity to either retain your booking or voluntarily cancel it according to these terms and conditions. We will refund all possible costs to you that are reasonably recoverable.
CANCELLATION BY PPT – unforeseen circumstances
While it is very rare for us to need to cancel or change your reservation, we do reserve such right to address matters which we could not foresee at the time when your reservation was made. If we cancel or modify your reservation prior to the event you are entitled to a 100% refund. While we can take no responsibility for consequent loss or damage, rest assured we will be working as hard to offer you alternative product to ensure your satisfaction.
CANCELLATION BY PPT – misbehaviour
Your reasonable behaviour and that of other persons in your booking is required at all time. We and our agents or suppliers providing services may refuse services to you and your guests if we deem your/their behaviour to be unsuitable. At such a time our obligations to you (and / or persons in your booking) will cease, and you/they will be in breach of our Terms and Conditions with no refund or compensation payable you. All damages and extra cost incurred by us as a consequence of such behaviour will be your responsibility and must be paid locally at the time.
• All prices stated are on a per person basis and include VAT unless otherwise stated.
• All package bookings include breakfast unless otherwise stated. Lunch and dinner are not included unless specifically stated otherwise.
• Hotel room photos, if provided, are only a depiction of the type of rooms on offer and may not represent the actual room described.
• Star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located and are out our control. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for any misconceptions relating to star ratings.
• Flights are not included in any of our packages. We may book flights on your behalf if we act on your instructions. Please arrange airfares with your local travel agent or enquire with us if you prefer us to assist with your flight arrangements.
• You and/or the Client are responsible to have the appropriate travel documents and visas organised prior to the departure. We may assist you upon request. Please enquire for further information.
• Unless you otherwise permit us, we will not pass on any information about you to any third party, however we will only disclose relevant and necessary information about you to the suppliers as in order to facilitate the booking process and execution of your purchase.
LIABILITY – fine print
When you make a booking, either on your own behalf or on behalf of others, you and those of whom you are acting on behalf hereby exclude, release and forever discharge PPT and all other persons involved in the organisation, conduct and promotion of the event from all liability for claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising from any personal injury or death (whether arising from negligence (but excluding gross negligence) or otherwise), arising from or connected with the participation in the event.
If you or any member of your party suffers from a medical condition or disability which may affect their tour arrangements, full details of the disability or medical condition must be advised to PPT before/at the time of booking so that arrangements can be amended to suit the individual needs of the participant’s disability or medical condition.
If in the opinion of PPT a particular package or booking is not suitable for the disability/medical condition, including but limited to the extent that it compromises the personal safety of either the participant or other members of the group, then PPT reserves the right to refuse a booking at its discretion.
In the event of the disability/medical condition not being made known to PPT before/at the time of booking, then PPT further reserves the right to cancel the booking at any stage and cancellation charges will apply. (See Cancellations).
Motorsports can be dangerous and attending a motorsport event often requires attendees to walk long distances, wait for long periods in queues, be exposed to external elements including, but not limited to sun, rain, wind, snow, hail, humidity, cold temperatures, rapidly changing and unpredictable weather conditions. In addition, some race circuits may have limited facilities (eg catering and basic amenities). Therefore, by making a booking with PPT, we presume that you and/or all persons for whom the booking is made has personally assessed the risks that may be involved in attending the relevant event and has attested that they, among other things:
(a) have the relevant fitness to attend
(b) accept any inherent risk that may be associated with attending the event, and
(c) discharge PPT from all liability, potential or otherwise, arising from any injury, accident, suffering, disease, death, damage, or other consequential loss to any person or their possessions (except where resulting from gross negligence).
In addition, PPT shall not be held responsible for any type of claim, including damages to persons or property, loss of enjoyment, delays and illness as a result of but not limited to:
• acts, errors or omissions, injury, loss, accidents, delays or irregularities that could be caused by the breakdown or defect of a land vehicle or airline carrier or any other company transporting passengers
• negligence, fault or omission on the part of a tour service supplier or its personnel, including all persons over which PPT has no direct or immediate authority
• theft, strike, illness, quarantine, mechanical failure, terrorist attack, war, government or police constraint, or any other cause beyond our control, including any modification to the itinerary resulting from these events
• bankruptcy or suspension of activities of a carrier, or any other tour service provider.
Whilst every precaution is taken by PPT and its agents, PPT does not hold itself out to be responsible for the personal safety, security and wellbeing of attendees. You and all persons for whom you make a booking hereby indemnify and hold PPT and its representatives and agents harmless against any and all claims in respect of personal injury or damages either direct or consequential arising from any cause whatsoever as a result of the participation by the attendee and persons under his or her authority on the event.
SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY
We do not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are encouraged to install and run up-to-date anti-virus software to minimise any unforeseen circumstances related to viruses etc. Our site may also contain links to other third party websites over which we have no control. We cannot therefore have any responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness or quality of the information contained on those websites.
We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However because of the sophisticated technology that is required in operating such software and technology there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or service or other detail displayed or presented being incorrect. In this case we reserve the reasonable right to withdraw that offer and make a new offer to you that reflects the intended face value that was covered by the original booking.
We hereby declare and warrant that we or our agents, heirs or assigns own the content, copyright, propriety rights and other intellectual and actual property that form part of the website, booking process and other channels necessary to facilitate the booking of and delivery of our products and services and in this respect we reserve all rights.
Should you or any person for whom you made a booking wish to express dissatisfaction or make a complaint about any aspect of the delivery of an event, we request that you or the affected person:
(a) speak with one of our representatives to verbally register the matter
(b) request a Matter Registration Form
(c) duly complete and sign the form with all particulars of the matter, as consistently as possible as the versions described to our representative
(d) request a copy from the representative, for your own records
(e) contact us within 14 days of the event to pursue the matter further.
This process will ensure that the matter is resolved appropriately and that all facts are adequately collected and considered, giving all affected parties an opportunity to provide relevant information. Should the above procedure not be followed, we cannot guarantee appropriate resolution of the matter and your rights to further claims may be affected.
After the matter has been resolved or dealt with by the above process, you or the affected person may appeal the decision. At that point we will advise you on the available options and, subject to agreement with you, proceed to have the matter reheard.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change or update these terms and conditions from time to time. Please ensure you retain a copy of this version of terms and conditions that form part of your booking.
These terms and conditions are governed by the jurisdiction of the Czech Republic. Any dispute arising from these terms and conditions will be dealt with in that jurisdiction.
16 February 2009.