We are hungrily looking forward to the British MotoGP this year, and in preparation have organised some awesome hospitality options. However the situation is not crystal clear thus we are continuing to offer very gentle booking terms to protect you and your money.
Silverstone circuit is working to follow the UK government COVID roadmap in re-opening events to the public. Barring further surprises in the pandemic, it seems likely that the event will take place, perhaps with limited attendance (25% is the current guideline) however they hope by August to allow full capacity. It is very likely other measures will also be in place such as some social distancing rules and mask wearing. We will report all requirements to our customers as we learn them.
Terms: If you purchase a tour package or just a VIP/hospitality ticket on its own, we will ask for just a 15% deposit, which can be transferred to any other event or next year, with the final payments due 28.June.21. (After this date all sales require 100% payment)
Packages: We offer two tour packages which include accommodation, guides, transport (where required), welcome pack and more.
- Deluxe package is set in the 5* Whittlebury Hall, an easy 20 minute walk to the track. Includes dinner and breakfast. We will try to put on our traditional Friday night 'meet the riders' however at the moment this is not definite.
- Classic package is set in a charming 3* coaching inn about 35 minutes from the circuit.
Paddock: Based on discussions with our partner teams in MotoGP, we believe it is unlikely that paddock access will be available to our customers. Typically we will have 80-100 team guests at the British MotoGP, and while we don't expect that volume for the 2021 event, we have organised a hospitality suite in the Brooklands building, as we do every year but this year we have increased capacity in anticipation. We do not expect to be able to offer the private paddock tours as we usually do in this suite, but we are talking with a couple of our sponsored riders to see if we can get them to pay us a visit, following suitable safety precautions.
- Grandstands/general admission. At the moment we only sell these bundled with one of our tour packages. All grandstands are available.
- VIP Village. The top hospitality, operated by Dorna Sports. Expected to be situated on the inside of the circuit, at the exit to corner 1 (Copse) you will have ample viewing in addition to the usual excellent catering. If sufficient numbers, we will try to get a guest rider to join us.
- Brooklands. Slightly less spacious than VIP Village, but with stunning views from our balcony over Wellington Straight. Catering and our guides on hand at all times. WE hope to be able to bring a rider guest up at some point. You can purchase tickets for all three days, Sat/Sun or just Sunday.
While we all roll with the punches on this pandemic, we are certain everyone will have a wonderful and joyous return to seeing MotoGP action in person!
Because Nothing Beats Being There!
Well, our friends from BLT are sure to be there - can't promise we will all be able to cozy up to our favourite riders this year :-(
For more information on Silverstone COVID response see www.silverstone.co.uk/news/summer-sporting-events-support-covid-certification-review