You ("the client", "customer", "traveller") agree that you are at least 18 years old or older and that the information you have provided is correct and legitimate
Pole Position Travel SE ("PPT", "we", "us"), is a European Joint Stock company registered in the Czech Republic, fully bonded under applicable laws governing travel operators
In certain circumstances we may appoint third party service providers (eg airport transfers, coach transport, local tour guides). You are to obey the regulations of the respective providers and we are not liable in any way for their denial of service to you for legitimate grounds. In the event that you are not satisfied with the service provided by our third party providers we will assist you in any reasonable claim or dispute against them. We reserve the right to substitute suppliers if required.
Motorsports are dangerous. We accept no liability for any injury, loss, damage or other consequence arising from your travel and attendance at events.
Pole Position Travel is a trading name of Pole Position Travel SE, a European Joint Stock company registered in the Czech Republic with the following details:
Identification No: 28477529
Seat: Letenska 19, Praha 1, 11800, Czech Republic
Please note that these are general terms and conditions. Event-specific terms and conditions may override those specified herein. Specific terms and payment requirements are noted on the event web pages, during the online booking process and on your invoice.
Please also see the COVID special provisions below
By making a booking with us you warrant that you have, or will have prior to the event:
• Purchased an adequate independent travel insurance policy covering yourself and any other guests on your itinerary, OR
• assessed the risks of not being covered by such a policy and will be assuming all risks on your own behalf.
The following cancellation penalties and dates apply if you wish to cancel your purchase with us::
1. All tickets, excursions, merchandise and transport purchases are non-refundable
2. Accommodation / package bookings:
The "final payment date" is the date in which your final payment is due. This varies by event. "Deposit payments" are all payments made up to but not including the "final payment".
For cancelations made:
• Prior to final payment date: Deposits are lost. (If you have paid in full, we will refund everything beyond the standard deposit(s) for your event which would have been due at the date of your cancelation)
• After final payment date: No refunds.
In the event that we are able to on-sell your booking or recover costs incurred from your booking we may use our discretion and refund you an amount that we consider fair and appropriate after considering all the circumstances. This will typically be 85% of the price we have realised (and not to exceed your payment)
As we are motorcycle enthusiasts ourselves this means that we will do everything possible to refund money to you – because we want to see you at another event in the future.
3/ In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled outside our control we will endeavour to secure refunds from our suppliers however this cannot be guaranteed. Also see our force majeure/COVID clause below.
We are sympathetic to special or emergency circumstances such as illness, death in the the family and other matters preventing attendance which may apply specifically to you and not in general.
While our official cancellation policy is as stated above, if prior to the final payment date, for these special circumstances we will permit you to move your deposit to any other event within one year, or as otherwise agreed. If cancelled after the final payment date, we will endeavour to resell your products as outlined above.
Please note that inability to travel owing to restrictions imposed by your home country will not be considered 'special circumstances' and again we recommend you take out trip cancellation insurance.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making a booking with us you agree that the following further terms and conditions govern the services and products offered by Pole Position Travel (“PPT”, “us” or “we”) to you.
We accept bookings via any of the following methods:
1. Online at www.polepositiontravel.com/ (and other ppt sites)
2. By e-mail to 'help(at)polepositiontravel.com
3. By writing to us at Pole Position Travel, Letenska 19, Prague 1, 118 00 Czech Republic.
4. By telephoning us on:
UK: +44 191 406 6260
CZ: +420 222 313 663
In using these methods you agree to be bound by the following obligations:
• You agree to use our methods at your own risk. For example, our system will not stop you from making impossible bookings such as two hotel rooms if you only require one. If you make that kind of booking we reserve the right not to give you a refund
• You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account
• In order to make a purchase you must be over 18 years old and have the legal capacity to make the transaction. You also warrant that any minors under the age of 18 at the time of the event will be supervised by an adult at all times; nor will they consume any alcohol (at least 21 years of age is required in the USA with respect to alcohol consumption)
• You must make sure that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate
• You must not use the any of the booking methods for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings
• The transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political or racist material or any material that is otherwise unlawful is expressly prohibited and may result in you being prevented from dealing with us in the future
• The website and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed, or reproduced in any way by you without our express and written permission, except if you wish to make copies of the website for your own personal and non-commercial use
1. Upon making a booking via our online booking system – or after you accept a proposal we send you in a non-online booking – you will receive an invoice and payment instructions on the next working day. You are then required to make the payment(s) via any of our accepted payment methods (below) in accordance with the invoice.
2. Product options:
• Package inclusive bookings require a deposit (varies by event, typically 50%) (If booked more than 3 months before the event), with final payment at a date specified before the event (typically 60 days prior to tour start)
Prior to receiving your first payment we will ‘HOLD’ your booking for you briefly. This allows you to book travel arrangements, insurance etc.
After receiving your first payment we will send you a receipt via email and set your booking to ‘HOLD – PENDING PAYMENT’.
Your booking is still held but not yet confirmed, pending receipt of final payment. The receipt will include an statement of the expected final / balance payment.
• Non-Package bookings (such as ticket-only) require a 100% payment unless otherwise specified.
Prior to receiving your first payment we will ‘HOLD’ your booking for you. This allows you to book travel arrangements, insurance etc.
3. After receiving your final / balance payment we will send you a payment confirmation and set your booking to ‘CONFIRMED’.
4. Package bookings: approximately 2 weeks prior to the event date we will provide you with further specific information regarding your hotel, contact information, detailed programme for the weekend and directions.
5. Ticket-only bookings: we usually send out race tickets approximately 2-3 weeks prior to each event (see ADDITIONAL TERMS RELATING TO RACE TICKETS, below). Please contact us if you have any special requirements.
Accepted payment methods
You may pay by any of the following methods. Some events or promotions may limit the forms of payment available.
Payment card* (Visa / Mastercard only). We reserve the right to add up to a 1.5% surcharge at time of payment. Cards are charged in EUR, GBP, USD, or CZK. If you are paying an invoice in a different currency, your payment will first be converted to CZK.
Bank transfer in EUR (€), GBP (£), USD ($), AUD or CZK. Other currency transfers available on agreement of final amount.
We no longer accept PayPal or American Express.
You undertake to us that the details you give to us while using the Channels are correct in particular that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the product or service. Should there not be sufficient funds your booking may be cancelled and cancellation fees may apply (see section Cancellations). If there are any changes to the details supplied to us by you it is your responsibility to inform us as soon as possible.
*Payment cards: WE GIVE YOU CONTROL: most payment card issuers now require cardholders to enter an authorising PIN or password. We will send you an online payment link using our 3D secure server for this purpose. This gives you control over what payment card you wish to use. You do not have to use the same payment card that you used to reserve your booking.
Terms and conditions applicable to all payments
Your booking must be paid in full NO LATER THAN 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT date. The due date will be specified on the invoice that we will send you. If you have any question about your payments, please contact us.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking for which the balance payment is overdue. Should you not wish to proceed with the balance payment cancellation charges will apply (see section Cancellations).
Additional terms relating to race tickets
As a ticketing agent we do not have any role in setting ticket prices or determining seat locations. We will seek to convey your wishes where possible. All tickets are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the venue owners. They cannot be resold without prior express permission from the venue owners.
All bookings of tickets incur a handling fee of 18 EUR per booking. We will WAIVE this fee in the case of:
ª Bookings made online
• Ticket bookings forming part of a package.
Delivery methods: ticket-only bookings
If you are purchasing tickets only, you may choose from one of the following delivery methods:
• Courier delivery: charges apply.
• Standard post from Czech Republic: nominal charges apply. Selecting this option is at your own risk. We are not liable for failed delivery as we cannot guarantee safe delivery, nor within a specified timeframe. We will advise you when we dispatch the tickets.
• Collection at a local address at the destination, usually one of our centrally located hotels or help desks: free of charge.
• Special delivery at the circuit: we reserve the right to charge a fee in line with the nature of the circumstances, upon agreement with you.
Delivery methods: tickets forming part of package bookings
Your tickets are delivered to you at your accommodation (if organised by us) on upon first scheduled meeting.
The following provisions cover our irrevocable right to cancel your booking in certain cases. These provisions are intended to ensure that our services and products maintain a high standard of quality and meet your and your fellow participants’ expectations and do not breach your safety and / or that of other people. They are intended to produce a fair result in the unlikely case that we need to cancel your booking, giving regard to the reasonable efforts we undertake in producing high quality services and products.
Cancellation by third party
Events may be cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons, usually unknown or unpredictable. In this event we will not responsible for any such cancellations or postponements and our force majeure provisions will apply.
Force majeure - This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. This includes - but not limited to): war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions including hurricanes, epidemics, health risks, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closed or congested airports.
In the case that the event is rescheduled the venue or promoter may set independent refund terms and conditions. Once supplier terms and/or contingency plans are confirmed to us, we will provide you with the opportunity to either transfer your booking to the new event or offer a credit to another event, details at our discretion.
Where events are cancelled/postponed outwith our control, rest assured we will be working to protect your investment and seek to offer you alternative product to ensure your satisfaction.
COVID Specific provisions
For events cancelled (or where attendance at said event is prohibited) relating to the COVID pandemic, we cannot offer refunds unless supported by appropriate government assistance measures. Payments made for such cancelled events may be used as credits for future events under the following conditions:
1. If your booking does not include a tour package (accommodation inclusive package) only 50% of the total booking price may be redeemed against the booking. Bookings including packages may utilise as much credit as required.
2. Credits may be applied to any event offered by Pole Position Travel; it does not to be the same event or series.
3. Credits must be declared at the time of booking, and in any case not later than two months prior to the event.
4. All credits expire at the end of the 2024 season (e.g. the final scheduled event)
You are reminded that If you have been reimbursed via travel insurance, credit card or other means, by law you cannot claim a credit with us.
We strongly recommend you take trip insurance.
Cancellation/Substitution by Pole Position Travel – unforeseen circumstances
While it is very rare for us to need to cancel or change your reservation, we do reserve such right to address matters which we could not foresee at the time when your reservation was made. Where we offer substitutions, they will be of equal or superior class. If we cannot offer a satisfactory alternative we will offer a 100% refund or credit to another event. While we can take no responsibility for consequent loss or damage, we will work with you to ensure a satisfactory alternative.
Please note for clarity that this clause does NOT apply to cancellations by third parties as covered above.
Cancellation by Pole Position Travel – misbehaviour
Your reasonable behaviour and that of other persons in your booking is required at all time. We and our agents or suppliers providing services may refuse services to you and your guests if we deem your/their behaviour to be unsuitable. At such a time our obligations to you (and / or persons in your booking) will cease, and you/they will be in breach of our Terms and Conditions with no refund or compensation payable you. All damages and extra cost incurred by us as a consequence of such behaviour will be your responsibility and must be paid locally at the time.
• All prices stated are on a per person basis and include VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT is handled under the EU TOMS (Tour Operator Margin Scheme) and is not recoverable under EU law.
• All package bookings include breakfast unless otherwise stated. Lunch and dinner are not included unless specifically stated otherwise.
• Hotel room photos, if provided, are only a depiction of the type of rooms on offer and may not represent the actual room described.
• Star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located and are out our control. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for any misconceptions relating to star ratings. Equally ratings and comments seen on other channels such as Tripadvisor, TrustPilot, Google and similar are independent of us and we take no responsibility. We stand by the quality of our suppliers and any issues with our suppliers are to be addressed to us.
• Flights are not generally included in our packages. Please arrange airfares with your local travel agent or enquire with us if you prefer us to assist with your flight arrangements. We may book flights on your behalf if we act on your instructions, in such circumstances we are acting as a consultant, not a flight agent as defined by IATA (we are not IATA members). Where we do book flights and similar transport services, we pass the cost to you and charge a booking fee.
• You and/or the Client are responsible to have the appropriate travel documents and visas organised prior to the departure. We may assist you upon request. Please enquire for further information.
• Unless you otherwise permit us, we will not pass on any information about you to any third party, however we will disclose relevant and necessary information about you to the suppliers as in order to facilitate the booking process and execution of your purchase.
• You grant us the right to use any images we capture during the event which may include you. You may specifically ask that such images be removed from public view.
Liability – fine print
When you make a booking, either on your own behalf or on behalf of others, you and those of whom you are acting on behalf hereby exclude, release and forever discharge PPT and all other persons involved in the organisation, conduct and promotion of the event from all liability for claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising from any personal injury or death (whether arising from negligence (but excluding gross negligence) or otherwise), arising from or connected with the participation in the event.
If you or any member of your party suffers from a medical condition or disability which may affect their tour arrangements, full details of the disability or medical condition must be advised to PPT before/at the time of booking so that arrangements can be amended to suit the individual needs of the participant’s disability or medical condition.
If in the opinion of PPT a particular package or booking is not suitable for the disability/medical condition, including but limited to the extent that it compromises the personal safety of either the participant or other members of the group, then PPT reserves the right to refuse a booking at its discretion.
In the event of the disability/medical condition not being made known to PPT before/at the time of booking, then PPT further reserves the right to cancel the booking at any stage and cancellation charges will apply. (See Cancellations).
Motorsports can be dangerous and attending a motorsport event often requires attendees to walk long distances, wait for long periods in queues, be exposed to external elements including, but not limited to sun, rain, wind, snow, hail, humidity, cold temperatures, rapidly changing and unpredictable weather conditions. In addition, some race circuits may have limited facilities (eg catering and basic amenities). Therefore, by making a booking with PPT, we presume that you and/or all persons for whom the booking is made has personally assessed the risks that may be involved in attending the relevant event and has attested that they, among other things:
1. have the relevant fitness to attend
2. accept any inherent risk that may be associated with attending the event, and
3. discharge PPT from all liability, potential or otherwise, arising from any injury, accident, suffering, disease, death, damage, or other consequential loss to any person or their possessions (except where resulting from gross negligence).
In addition, PPT shall not be held responsible for any type of claim, including damages to persons or property, loss of enjoyment, delays and illness as a result of but not limited to:
1. acts, errors or omissions, injury, loss, accidents, delays or irregularities that could be caused by the breakdown or defect of a land vehicle or airline carrier or any other company transporting passengers
2. negligence, fault or omission on the part of a tour service supplier or its personnel, including all persons over which PPT has no direct or immediate authority
3. theft, strike, illness, quarantine, mechanical failure, terrorist attack, war, government or police constraint, or any other cause beyond our control, including any modification to the itinerary resulting from these events
4. bankruptcy or suspension of activities of a carrier, or any other tour service provider.
Whilst every precaution is taken by PPT and its agents, PPT does not hold itself out to be responsible for the personal safety, security and wellbeing of attendees. You and all persons for whom you make a booking hereby indemnify and hold PPT and its representatives and agents harmless against any and all claims in respect of personal injury or damages either direct or consequential arising from any cause whatsoever as a result of the participation by the attendee and persons under his or her authority on the event.
Software and technology
We do not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are encouraged to install and run up-to-date anti-virus software to minimise any unforeseen circumstances related to viruses etc. Our site may also contain links to other third party websites over which we have no control. We cannot therefore have any responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness or quality of the information contained on those websites.
We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However because of the sophisticated technology that is required in operating such software and technology there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or service or other detail displayed or presented being incorrect. In this case we reserve the reasonable right to withdraw that offer and make a new offer to you that reflects the intended face value that was covered by the original booking.
We hereby declare and warrant that we or our agents, heirs or assigns own the content, copyright, propriety rights and other intellectual and actual property that form part of the website, booking process and other channels necessary to facilitate the booking of and delivery of our products and services and in this respect we reserve all rights.
Should you or any person for whom you made a booking wish to express dissatisfaction or make a complaint about any aspect of the delivery of an event, we request that you or the affected person:
1. Speak with one of our representatives AT THE EVENT. We are likely to be able to remedy a situation on the spot, to ensure your continued enjoyment of the event.
2. Should your dissatisfaction not be resolved at the event, then you should contact us. A phone call may help resolve your issue, however if still unresolved, we will not be able to progress your case further without a written complaint. Please address an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and state your itinerary reference number.
3. Complaints should be lodged with 14 days of the event completion, we will not accept complaints made more than 6 months after completion.
4. We will respond in writing, either with a proposed resolution or requesting further detail.
We take complaints VERY seriously and it is our goal to ensure all parties are satisfied with the resolution of any complaint.
Amendment of terms and conditions
Notification of Changes to Terms and Conditions
Pole Position Travel reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time as it sees fit and your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any variation to these terms and conditions. You agree that, in the event that any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. Any revisions will be effective immediately.
These terms and conditions are governed by the jurisdiction of the Czech Republic. Any dispute arising from these terms and conditions will be dealt with in that jurisdiction.
Last updated: 09/01/2023 17:49:41